Business isn’t all that different from romantic relationships.
You have to nurture it. You’ve got to establish boundaries…and stick to em, sometimes you may be blissfully obsessed with it and other times you want nothing to do with it.
It can excite you and make you feel like a million bucks one day and others you wonder what you got yourself into.
Bottom line is, you’ve gotta put in the work if you want it to work.
Whenever I hop on calls with people who are feeling stuck when it comes to growing their business, one of the things they often tell me is that they’ve been doing all the “shoulds” and not seeing any results, and so their business doesn’t feel as rewarding, profitable or fun as they would like it to be.
This is kinda like when you’re in a relationship and you start to “grow apart” and something tugs at you, etching into your consciousness that it’s time to either change things or end things.
So what do you do when you feel like breaking up with your business?
Here are 6 things to do if you’re feeling stuck in your business and you’re considering throwing in the towel.
1. Like anything worth fighting for, you first want to look at what isn’t working and why, then explore what IS working and figure out more ways to lean into those things. Taking the time to assess what does and does not work is essential to tracking and not to mention being able to course correct. Sometimes making the smallest tweaks can create the biggest impact…and most of the time that’s the BEST place to start.
2. Go back to basics around WHY you started your business in the first place and what made you fall in love with the idea of being a business owner. Just like being in a relationship with someone special, something about being in business for yourself attracted you. Maybe it was so you can travel and have a laptop lifestyle, perhaps it was to create more financial freedom and flexibility or maybe it was to be present and available for your children and family. Whatever the case may be, think back to WHY you started your business and tap back into that desire before walking away.
3. RECONNECT with what lights you up, what your values and your unique strengths and gifts are, and infuse more of that into your business. Sometimes in relationships and business, in the midst of doing all the things we have to do to get by from day to day, we forget who we are, what makes us unique and what we bring to the table. It’s vital that your business, values and strengths align in order to create sustainable, authentic growth.
4. Eliminate any negative energy or time wasters that isn’t adding value to your business and distracting you from your big vision and surround yourself with people, resources and tools that will move you closer to your goals. This includes social media, emails that are weighing down your inbox, friends, family, activities and anything that doesn’t help you move that needle forward in your business.
5. Be kind to yourself and give yourself permission to “fail” and learn from your mistakes and use every experience as a learning opportunity to grow. Any successful business owner will tell you that with every success came some level of disappointment or failure that led up to that success. Entrepreneurship is a marathon not a sprint so let yourself enjoy the ride and be open and trust that it is all part of the process.
6. And most importantly, care for yourself FIRST and foremost, so that you can care for your business.You are the bloodline of your business. The way you show up for your business directly influences the results you will experience in your business. Take the time you need to be mentally, spiritually, energetically, emotionally and physically present and fully available to work your business so that it works for you.
Just like relationships, some businesses don’t make it, but the ones that do are usually the ones that are worth the work, that are aligned with your values & vision, that works WITH your life and that is only a part of you, not all of you!
Are you feeling frustrated and overwhelmed with the lack of results you’re seeing in your business despite all of your efforts? Perhaps it’s time to get some expert support to help you implement the RIGHT systems and strategies you need to take your business to the next level.
I’d love to chat, schedule in a free discovery call with and lets help you fall back in love with your business: https://safiasattaur.as.me/discovery